Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary A Burns has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mary A Burns has the following 12 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
Dr. Mary A Burns has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary A Burns is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I saw her for a condition I feel is very embarassing-leakage of my bladder and bowel. I have had this for years and never brought it up to my family doctor till I saw an ad on TV. My doctor referred me and promised me Dr Burns would take care of me. Not only did she help me but she and her nurse were very professional. I was embarassed going to see her but was not embarassed at all after meeting her. I would recommend her to everyone. Very intelligent and compassionate doctor.
I have been seeing her for a few years because I can never see the person I'd like to see. She is a very nice lady, however she is not informative. I will not be seeing her again because everytime I call for my birth control they make me pay out of pocket to be seen, for the refill. They never call you back, like they said they would.
Dr. Burns is my gynecologist and I saw her for a preconception visit. She took more time with me than I ever expected to explain genetic testing, timeline, etc. I had a great experience. As a plus, the nurse was fantastic and the office is very nice.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Seton Hall University
Dr. Mary A Burns accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Beach Ob/Gyn, 1181 First Colonial Rd Ste 200, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Mary A Burns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.