Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary O'Neal
Dr. Mary O'Neal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with other offices in South Weymouth, MA and Dorchester Center, MA . She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. O'Neal is affiliated with Carney Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Milton Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary O'Neal has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 24
I thought by driving nearly 2 hours to a facility that is top ranked, that I would see a top notch Dr. that could help me. WRONG!!!!! She was odd, ok so what if she was a good Dr. I had to ask her if she was even going to look at my MRI and when she did, I don't think she had a clue. She was not easy to speak to and her bedside manner SUCKED. Her idea of treatment was to start me at base 1 that I did several years prior with no relief. I left there so discouraged, and disappointed and I was no better off. I guess you can't always expect top notch Drs. no matter what facility you go to. WASTE OF TIME. The staff however, was extremely nice.
I almost cancelled my appointment after reading scurrilous reports on the internet about her and her staff. she had been recommended by a Dr. who I have profound respect for. Fortunately I didn't and can report only good things about her except for the wait to get an appointment. she was well worth waiting for.
Dr. O'Neal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brigham and Women's Hospital
South Shore Hospital
Steward Carney Hospital
South Shore Neurology
Carney Hospital- A Caritas Family Hospital
29 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Mary O'Neal accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary O'Neal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.