Dr. Mary Genevieve Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Mary Genevieve?

Skilled and compassionate physician

Posted on September 9th, 2017

Dr. Genevieve has been my neurologist since 2012 when I started experiencing cognitive difficulties. She has been attentive to my needs and frustration re my progressing problems. I feel well taken care of by Dr. Genevieve and rest assured that she is doing all she can do for me at this time.

she is the worst

Posted on October 3rd, 2016

Posted on August 12th, 2015

She was the absolute worst doctor I have ever gone to. She was extremely rude and pig headed! She thought she was all high and mighty. I know others that have seen her and she incorrectly diagnosed them as well. She is awful.

Dr. Mary Amir

Posted on August 11th, 2015

Dr. Amir does not take the time to properly diagnose her patients. She jumps to conclusions without taking the proper steps to diagnose a serious issue. Instead she tells you that you have a serious illness, then forces you to take multiple expensive tests to prove that you are healthy. Do not step into her office unless you want your license suspended and a false diagnostic.

Posted on June 18th, 2015

Arrived at appt. with history of neck/shoulder pain x 20 years at level #8,, five doctors and one FNP diagnosed it as fibromyalgia pain. Treated with massage, heat, warm water and pain medication without success. Dr. Amir assessed pain as an occupational injury resulting from 28 years of hospital nursing and home health nursing "holding head while treating patients at bedside, wheelchair, gurney or chair. " Physical Therapy ordered and within weeks the level of pain reduced to # 2, ROM increased and flexibility also. My sleep also improved.

Dr.Mary Amir

Posted on November 21st, 2013

Doctor Marry Amir is a caring and open doctor and very thorough. She listens well and helps you along the process. Office is a clean environment and the staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend Doctor to anyone who's looking for a good neurologist.

Seek another neurologist

Posted on July 16th, 2012

Dr. Amir diagnosed me with something I didn't have and I had to go through a bunch of extensive tests because of it. It cost me hundreds of dollars, a lot of time, and missed work. I will never go back to her and I will make sure to never recommend her to any friends or family. An overall terrible experience.

EXCELLENT DOCTOR.

Posted on April 21st, 2012

Dr. Amir has a difficult job, carries lots of burdens. She is seeing many very sick people. These people all expect to be treated well, but, somedays Dr. Amir has to spend extra time with one or two patients who are really ill so it puts her behind. I totally recommend her to everyone. She does a fabulous job for my Husband and I. She does lots of testing, I don't think to much. I had all the symptoms of a stroke, she did appropriate testing. She is a terrific person with her own family.

Posted on December 15th, 2011

Very knowledgable but Terrible bedside manner.

Great doctor! Knowledgable!

Posted on August 4th, 2011

It was a very good experience overall. I had no problem getting in. The office staff was very accomidating and worked hard to get authorizations from my insurance. All of my appointments were very thorough. Dr. Amir made an accurate diagnosis and i've enjoyed working out a treatment plan with her. I would highly recommend her as a neurologist.

Excellent doctor and great care

Posted on February 7th, 2011

Dr. Amir is a great doctor! I highly recommend her office. Her staff is very welcoming and gives excellent service. She goes the extra mile to make sure you get prompt complete care. She doesn't rush though your appointment, but spends time walking you through treatment options and explains everything very clearly. I trust all or Dr. Amir's recommendations and highly recommend her as a great neurologist.

Don't waste your time!

Posted on January 17th, 2011

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor!After being admitted to the ER for a suspected stroke I was referred to Dr.Amir (by one of her close family members) after which she ordered a large no. of tests. I have no problem with that. However after all the testing was done and she deemed there was NO evidence of stroke, she continued to order more, extremely expensive tests, simply to rule out the possibility of error on the first batch of tests. Still not satisfied, she ordered me to see a neurologist at Stanford who, after looking at ALL the previous tests, told me that further testing was a waste of time and money...there was NO evidence of stroke.Next, she ordered me to see a Cardiologist who, again after looking over all the tests, asked me "Why are you even here?" Enough said about that.To add insult to injury, I had to call Dr.Amir's office repeatedly to even GET test results. One in particular was for diabetes and cholesterol. When I didn't hear back for a full 3 months (and wondering all the while if, in fact, I might have diabetese since it does run in my family)I called Dr. Amir's office to ask why I hadn't heard back. The office person who took my call said "Oh, we only call back with test results if something of concern shows up and we need to schedule an appointment. Now that I have you on the phone, when can we schedule an appointment?" I was left speechless on that one!Meanwhile, out of sheer frustration I did what I probably should have done in the first place...called the clinic where the test was done and asked for the results myself. Bear in the mind, the results for both diabetes and cholesterol were on the same, one-page report. I had the results read by another doctor. Dr. Amir called me a couple of hours later and said the reason she hadn't called was because she was still waiting on the results of the cholesterol. When I told her I had the results in my hand and that they were both right there, on on the same page, she became very flustered (as one does when caught in a lie). In a lame attempt to change the course of the conversation she told me she'd just received a followup report from the physical therapist she had sent me to with regards to severe neck pain I've been experiencing over the past three years. In her words, the physical therapist told her that "everything was fine....but you know how these people are....they'll tell you anything you want to hear." Not only was I reeling from the lie she'd just told me, now I was witnessing further unprofessionalism that left me speechless. To seal the cap on her complete lack of integrity, when I asked my phsical therapist that afternoon at my scheduled appointment what exactly she had said in her recent followup report to Dr. Amir about me, my therapist said she HADN'T done a followup report yet...she was waiting until my last scheduled vist the following week to write her report. After being told not one, but two lies, by Dr. Amir to cover her inadequacies, I could not, in all good conscience, recommend her to anyone.