Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia, including the relationship between blood sugar and cholesterol, and who is most at risk.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Type 1 Diabetes Get type 1 diabetes facts, including causes, signs, symptoms & more.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Martin
Dr. Mary Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Irvine, CA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. Dr. Martin has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Martin has the following 1 specialty
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Mary Martin has the following 9 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Nutrition Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
I could not recommend Dr. Martin highly enough! I have been seeing her for about 3 years and she has always been very caring, concerned and most importantly, very thorough. She goes over my lab work and other test results in detail and makes sure that I understand them. She is a great doctor that I actually enjoy seeing each visit.
Dr. Martin has been nothing but caring and direct with me since our first appointment together. Her bedside manner is excellent and her knowledge in her disciplines seems be all accounts to be top knotch. She literally spent 50 minutes reviewing my bloodwork and bone densitity scan results with me to ensure I fully understaood the impact upon my health and future health prospects. I whole heartedly recommend her services for anyone seeking a skilled Endocrinologist. (I believe her skills go beyond this specific discipline but don't honestly know for sure)
Dr. Martin prides herself on being a "straight talker." This, unfortunately, means she has a horrible bedside manner. She comes across as severely condescending. I know of a teenager who went to her and came home in tears, terrified she would die of diabetes. Not cool for an endocrinologist. This woman definitely needs to work on her attitude and people skills.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
13 Years Experience
American University of the Caribbean
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2 Hughes, Irvine, CA
Dr. Mary Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.