Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary A Werz has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I left this Dr's office and sobbed. She focused in on only the things she was interested in (clinical depression, insomnia) and ignored my physical symptoms so she could grill me on my knowledge of dietary choices (weight bias, anyone). When I told her I'd gone from a lifelong habit of 4-5 hours of sleep to being exhausted all of the time, she proclaimed, "No one really needs more than 6 hours, anyway." In her disinterest, she misread my record, spouting off past diagnosis that were incorrect (and upsetting). She scheduled me for a test 4 months down the road, "when we can find some time for you." That test will be cancelled. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone else, why would I subject myself to her lack of care again.
I am sure that Dr. Werz is a very smart woman, but she has absolutely no bedside manner or compassion for her patients. She acts too busy to take more than 1 or 2 minutes with her patients and doesn't listen well to issues from her patients. Her diagnosis was so vague that I am currently looking for a second opinion. I do not recommend her to anyone.
31 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1987
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Mary A Werz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMadison Emergency Physicians, 700 S Park St, Madison, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary A Werz in this video.
Dr. Mary A Werz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.