Dr. Mary Ashur Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Ashur?

Posted on April 20th, 2015

The best doctor ever.

Posted on September 25th, 2014

Dr. Ashur is a wonderful doctor. She is warm, caring and thoughtful. She takes the time to get to know you personally (asks about work, family, etc.). I appreciate that respects other people's time. I am usually seen within 15-20 minutes. The office and equipment is new and inviting. Staff is also very friendly and helpful. I am glad I found her!

good doc, questionable tests

Posted on December 24th, 2013

I had some problems with my insurance card but the staff was extremely courteous and helpful with resolving that during the appointment. MD had good bedside manners and was easy to talk to. Typical of most MD office visits these days, I did feel that the doctor was slightly rushed during the appointment and was distracted (as if she had 10 other things that were churning in her mind, which MDs probably do). although the visit was good overall, one thing was upsetting. I mentioned that I had a procedure done at another facility, but later in the visit, without any explanantion, the MD tried to do the same procedure on me until I spoke up. Questionable practice... I would have give 3 stars if it were for this incident.

Health; Happiness; Flowers

Posted on August 2nd, 2013

Wow, it's amazing to have a distinguished and smart Harvard Medical School Faculty member, with the humility and caring of a traditional primary care doctor. The office is convenient to the T and has parking; in the office waiting was a combination of all kinds of people. The staff was kind and caring - obviously they want to be there. I was given paperwork, and taken very quickly. Dr. Ashur took a complete history, and did a physical. She gave me a treatment; she explained what was wrong, and involved me in what I could do to get well and stay well. She has a calm and lovely manner; I felt like I was talking to a trusted mentor. I felt important; now I feel great; I think that she will help me to ..........live long and prosper.

Posted on August 9th, 2012

Dr. Ashur is always excellent and very thorough. I have followed her as she has moved to different buildings and it has been worth it! She will take as much time with you as you need, so if you experience wait time in the waiting room - know it is because she will give you 200% if you need it in the exam room. Highly recommend her!

Awesome....

Posted on July 30th, 2012

I always look forward to my appointments with Marylou! How many people say that about their doctor? Marylou - you rock! :-). <3

Extremely long wait times.

Posted on August 18th, 2011

I went to see Dr Ashur twice. Both times the wait time was ridiculously long. I don't mind waiting a bit, but over 2hrs? They make you wait for hours in the waiting room, then they will make you wait again once in the examination room. Even her own staff disagrees with the way she makes patients wait. The last time I ended up leaving after waiting for over 2hrs. While I was waiting, 2 patients came in an hour after I arrived, yet they still were seen to 1st. I know for a fact 1 of the patients was just coming for a physical, so it was not a matter an emergency. I have to assume that Dr. Ashur favors certain patients, based on race or insurance type.

Fortunate to have Dr. MaryLou Ashur

Posted on March 13th, 2011

Dr. Ashur is an intelligent and compassionate physician. Her practice is very patient focused and she will go out of her way to best care for her patients. She also is a gifted teacher and sometimes has a NP student or a Med. student in her practice. She is an excellent doctor.

Caring and competent

Posted on January 1st, 2011

smart

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Ashur under any circumstances

Posted on December 24th, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Ashur's at the Carney medical office in Quincy, MA. I am neither impressed with the staff there or with Dr. Ashur & have a hard time believing that she is the same doctor discussed in other ratings. The office seems to be incredibly disorganized - their computers always seem to be down, the referral coordinator is a nightmare (took me over 6 weeks to get the referral I needed; she was very unresponsive & uncooperative until I started crying out of frustration!) and the wait time in the office is ridiculous. On a recent visit, I was one of the first patients to be seen that day, and had to wait over an hour - I was on a deadline, so when I very politely asked one of the office staff how much longer she would be, she looked at me with a "who do you think you are" disdain & retorted, "Well, you should expect to wait at least an hour at the doctors..." It took me 3 months to get an appointment with Dr. Ashur after my accident. They had me meet with her nurse practioner, who told me "you need surgery" without even looking at my MRI/X-Rays. This seemed extremely irresponsible & was very upsetting to me. When I saw a specialist a short time later, he couldn't believe that she said that - she's not a doctor, and she didn't even look at the film, so he thought she was way out of line.I found Dr. Ashur to be pretty uncaring and disinterested at best. I had a very serious injury & was fighting depression/anxiety as a result of the ongoing pain & lengthly recovery period (1+ year). I found her to be uncaring, in a permanant bad mood, and she seemed to spend most of the time with her head behind her computer during our appointments. She appeared to be disorganized and unfamiliar with my file, even though I had seen her on a regular basis for several months. She insisted that I didn't give her certain medical files from surgeons & other medical practicioners - I had not only signed a release, but had brought her copies of the files she requested. At a recent appointment, she couldn't find my film. She spent about 1/2 hour on the computer, and 5 mins. in the exam room - and didn't even check my problem area, or ask me how my recovery was going. When she printed out her medical notes for me at a later date to bring to a specialist, they were full of inaccuracies and errors. If she spent more time getting to know her patients & staying on top of their medical conditions, and less time at the computer, she might be a better physician. That and a dose of compassion/empathy & bedside manner would do her a world of good.

Caring and smart

Posted on July 8th, 2008

Dr. Ashur accurately diagnosed a difficult problem. She is kind. You need to work with the staff because there is a team approach. She is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, and on the faculties of Tufts and Boston University medical schools; I like these credentials

Posted on March 19th, 2008

unbelievably good person and excellent physician!