Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary E Barkalow MD
Dr. Mary E Barkalow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with other offices in Brockton, MA and Springfield, MA (and 1 other location). She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary E Barkalow has 4 locations
2155 Main St
Springfield, MA 01104
103 Commercial St
Brockton, MA 02302
Book Online Now
Dr. Mary E Barkalow has the following 4 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mary E Barkalow has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Mary E Barkalow is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary E Barkalow - Posted on May 6th, 2016
40 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Mass Mental Health Center
Dr. Mary E Barkalow Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Mary E Barkalow's office for more information.
237 Hamilton St Ste 205 Hartford, CT : (860) 578-1300
103 Commercial St Brockton, MA : (978) 505-1048
2155 Main St Springfield, MA 01104
103 Commercial St Brockton, MA 02302
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary E Barkalow is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hartford, CT.