Dr. Mary Beth Harr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Beth Harr?

Posted on February 21st, 2015

Being a woman, I prefer women doctors, and Mary Beth is amazing. She has the scruples of a olde time "House Doctor". The more truthful you are with her, the better she can help you! Down to earth and easy to talk with.

Posted on October 23rd, 2012

Staff is awful

Posted on September 7th, 2012

When I saw Dr. Harr for my new patient physical I was very happy with her knowledge level and her bedside manner. Since then I have had a difficult time getting appointments and have ended up seeing her PA. Trying to get test results seemed nearly impossible. I had to call the clinic multiple times even after waiting an appropriate amount of time for them to have the test results in the first place. Once I did get through, the staff member I spoke with was rude and gave me mixed instructions on what kind of specialist to follow up with. I have also had a difficult time getting referrals to specialists when needed. While I think Dr. Harr herself is a competent physician I am looking for a new PCP based on all of the negative experiences I've had with her office.

One of the Best

Posted on August 24th, 2012

Dr. Harr is the PCP for my husband and me. She is ALWAYS willing to listen, to understand concerns, to follow-up. She saved my husband's life by sending him to a cardiologist when she said she just didn't like the look of his EKG, even though it wasn't really bad. Dr. Harr NEVER brushes off issues. She will work us in when we need to see her and has called us from her home to check-in when we had a real problem. I recommend her to everyone I meet.

Fantastic Doctor who cares

Posted on April 24th, 2012

I have been with Dr. Harr for 15 years. I will never change doctors.

Dr Harr

Posted on April 2nd, 2012

My husband and I have been seen by Dr Harr or her PA for 12 years now. In the last 5 years it's become very hard to see her due to her being so busy. We have family members that also saw her, but no longer due to switches to insurance. We all loved her. But I think due to her practice being so busy she is stretched to thin and as I said it's hard to see her and when you do she is rushed. It was ok seeing her male PA cause he has lots of experience and is very caring. Unfortunately I called this morning to make an appt with him and found out he is no longer with the practice. I was told he left to do research and so did his nurse. I thought this was odd being from the medical field myself. PA's and nurse with that amount of time and no research background just don't leave to do research. i checked it out and this practice lied to me...they are with another family practice. The lie doesn't surprise me given this office staff. We never liked the front girl - she is RUDE and acts like you know nothing and you inconvenience her. The only reason we stuck with this practice for so long was due to the PA and know that he is gone, so are we!!! This is all so sad cause I do believe Dr Harr is a good person and a good doctor but she really needs a new staff and needs to get back to the basics

leaving

Posted on February 21st, 2012

Dr Harr, I am sorry that I will be looking for another doctor...absolutely nothng to do with you as a doctor, but everything to do with your new staff...

Great Doctore IF you can get an appointment with her

Posted on December 14th, 2011

I think Dr. Harr is a great doctorIt's unfortunate that even if I call 2 weeks in advance that she doesn't have any availability. Appointments are only available with the PA's.She has been our doctor for the past 9+ years and even longer for other family members. I'm thinking of finding a new PCP due to never being able to see her when I need to. I've been telling myself this for like the last 3 years, I need to just do it.

Best doctor ever!

Posted on November 14th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Harr for years now. I have recommended her to all my friends. Everyone loves her. Sometimes you have to wait to see her, but the wait is well worth it. When she comes in, you feel like you are her only patient. She is respectful and kind. She also listens to all my theories and thoughtfully considers them. I love her!!

mbw

Posted on October 25th, 2011

She is caring and very competent. I switched to another Dr. (Dr. Harr),after my then Dr. refused to listen to me and brushed my feelings aside. Thank you Dr. Harr. :)

Posted on August 24th, 2010

Dr. Harr is a fantastic doctor. I've been seeing her as my regular physican for some years now. Her staff is not as fantastic. They are really bad at following up and calling patients back.

nice but didnt really help me

Posted on January 4th, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Harr because a family member said she was fabulous. At first I agreed; she is very very nice but after the first couple of visits I started exhibiting a variety of symptoms and when i took them to her, I felt like she only acknowledged some of them and brushed off the others. I was gaining weight rapidly and had constant headaches and irritable bowel. She gave me two pills to solve the headaches and irritable bowel and for the weight gain she said I jsut had a slow metabolism. I didn't want to be taking so many pills so I stopped taking them and went back to her with all the same symptoms. This time I convinced her to do some bloodwork. Over a period of about 6 months, I did 3 blood panels for her. One came back with elevated thyroid levels and 1 did not and the third one is MIA. Needless to say I was a little frustrated that I had been dealing with this for over a year and decided to find another doctor who would listen to all of my symptoms. In addition, its nearly impossible to get an appointment with her so most of the time you see a PA. The wait is almost always at least 30 minutes long. On my last visit I waited an hour before I was seen. I would not recommend her.