Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary C Bethoney
Dr. Mary C Bethoney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Framingham, MA. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Bethoney is affiliated with Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital. Dr. Bethoney has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary C Bethoney has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mary C Bethoney has the following 12 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Mary C Bethoney has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary C Bethoney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
This was my first pregnancy and felt that Dr.B was very caring and understanding when I would explain some issues I had. I always left her office feeling as tho I had the best doctor on my side. I ended up having some complications towards the end of my pregnancy and Dr. Bethoney went above & beyond to ensure me and my baby stayed healthy! I had a difficult delivery and knowing I had Dr.B there caring for me eased my anxiety a lot! I loved all the staff in her office - thought they were fantastic!
I have been to her only three times and i'm already looking for another practice. All three appointments i have waited well over an hour (2 hours during a miscarriage) after my appointment time and she only spent 5 minutes or less with me. i went for a problem visit a month after my miscarriage and she came in and asked me if i had ever been pregnant...and third time in a year she asked of my marital status which is listed on my patient profile. This practice has been the worst medical experience I've ever had.
I was referred to Dr Bethoney for my first pregnancy. My first visit with her was the longest at 20 minutes and she was rushing through all the questions, without taking adequate time to find out my medical profile. I felt that during every visit she would rush and I would basically feel like I had to grab her hand before exits the room. Not a great experience if it's your first pregnancy. Subsequent visits, felt the same. She would forget prior advice on supplements that she had provided me. To be fair I do think Dr bethoney is a competent doctor, however, her inability to build that patient-doctor relationship has led me to leave her practice. Therefore I gave her two stars. Also early on during my pregnancy there was an agreement that her office would forward all blood test results to my PCP, so that my PCP was also aware of any changes to my medication ( which I am on for life). It was four months later that I found that these results had not somehow reached my PCP and so my PCP was clueless about my current dosage. To be fair I do think the staff at my PCP's office could also have been incompetent. Anyhow I have since then moved to a different OB-GYN, and much happier with my visits!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bethoney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Mary C Bethoney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAll About Women Pc, 35 Lincoln St Ste 1, Framingham, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary C Bethoney in this video.
Dr. Mary C Bethoney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Framingham, MA.