Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mary C Bethoney has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Mary C Bethoney has the following 12 expertise
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Mary C Bethoney is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
This was my first pregnancy and felt that Dr.B was very caring and understanding when I would explain some issues I had. I always left her office feeling as tho I had the best doctor on my side. I ended up having some complications towards the end of my pregnancy and Dr. Bethoney went above & beyond to ensure me and my baby stayed healthy! I had a difficult delivery and knowing I had Dr.B there caring for me eased my anxiety a lot! I loved all the staff in her office - thought they were fantastic!
I have been to her only three times and i'm already looking for another practice. All three appointments i have waited well over an hour (2 hours during a miscarriage) after my appointment time and she only spent 5 minutes or less with me. i went for a problem visit a month after my miscarriage and she came in and asked me if i had ever been pregnant...and third time in a year she asked of my marital status which is listed on my patient profile. This practice has been the worst medical experience I've ever had.
I was referred to Dr Bethoney for my first pregnancy. My first visit with her was the longest at 20 minutes and she was rushing through all the questions, without taking adequate time to find out my medical profile. I felt that during every visit she would rush and I would basically feel like I had to grab her hand before exits the room. Not a great experience if it's your first pregnancy. Subsequent visits, felt the same. She would forget prior advice on supplements that she had provided me. To be fair I do think Dr bethoney is a competent doctor, however, her inability to build that patient-doctor relationship has led me to leave her practice. Therefore I gave her two stars. Also early on during my pregnancy there was an agreement that her office would forward all blood test results to my PCP, so that my PCP was also aware of any changes to my medication ( which I am on for life). It was four months later that I found that these results had not somehow reached my PCP and so my PCP was clueless about my current dosage. To be fair I do think the staff at my PCP's office could also have been incompetent. Anyhow I have since then moved to a different OB-GYN, and much happier with my visits!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bethoney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Mary C Bethoney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO