Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary A Buesing
Dr. Mary A Buesing, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, VA. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Buesing is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Buesing has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary A Buesing has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 9
I had been dealing with a chronic hacking cough for over a year. I had taken three rounds of antibiotics, inhalers, steroids, had seen two lung specialists, and had done numerous tests all to no avail. My doctor finally told me that I might have a condition I'll be dealing with for life. As an after thought, he remembered Dr. Buesing. She prescribed a new antiobiotic and within three days, my "chronic" condition ended. I will not forget this doctor.
I was referred to Dr. Buesing in an emergency situation, and she could not have been kinder, more thoughtful, more competent. I felt better as soon as she walked in and smiled. That she's a first-rate infectious disease physician doesn't hurt, either. As an attorney, I'm given to looking for faults, and I am pleased to say that I found absolutely none in my care by Dr. Buesing. I think she's extraordinary, and I consider myself awfully lucky to have landed in her care.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Buesing is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
Dr. Mary A Buesing accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMid Atlantic Urgent Care, 3301 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary A Buesing in this video.
Dr. Mary A Buesing is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.