Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary K Buetow has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mary K Buetow has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Mary K Buetow has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
I was told that this dr prefers rectal temps and when I said I prefer under arm temps, I was told this Dr wants a rectal temp or nothing at all. So my child's temperature wasn't taken at all. The Dr came in and examined him and then asked if he had a fever. I said I didn't know as I accidentally left the thermometer in the diaper bag and it went to the babysitter's house with my youngest non-sick child. So she went to pull up his record and said, "Oh, they didn't take his temp today." I said, "Yeah, I wanted his temperature taken under his arm and they said that you only take rectal ones." Then she went into a preaching session about how underarm temps are worthless and how rectal temps are the only ones that tell her a complete story about what is going on. She then said that she didn't see anything to be concerned about and walked out of the office. She didn't tell me "it's just viral" or ANYTHING about what was wrong with my son or any advice on how to make him feel better like my regular pediatrician does. She made me feel completely stupid for bringing my child into see her. Never again.
Dr Buetow is an excellent pediatrician and has taken great care of my daughter since birth. I have never had a problem getting an appointment even last minute. If you are looking for a doctor with a coddling demeanor than she might not be your cup of tea but if you appreciate a no nonesense physician who knows their job and doesn't talk down to you she is the best.
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Mary K Buetow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarle Physicians Group, 1818 E Windsor Rd, Urbana, IL
Dr. Mary K Buetow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Urbana, IL.