Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary McCarthy has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 12
I am a health and fitness freak and I had some really strange symptoms that couldn't have made up if I tried. I started to get teary-eyed when Dr. McCarthy could not figure out what was wrong with me on my third visit and she commented that I was "too emotional" and suggested that my anxiety was causing the MS-like symptoms. I had to visit her office three times to get a referral to a specialist and I never received any followup from any of my blood tests or xray through her office. I never felt like Dr. McCarthy really cared and it seemed like spending any time with me was a chore to her. Her receptionist, nurses, and NP, on the other hand seem very nice and caring. Too bad they work for someone that would rather be riding her Harley than truly caring for her patients. I wonder why doctors like that decide to go into medicine, dealing with the public versus medical research.
Dr. McCarthy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
36 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Mary McCarthy accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions4950 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary McCarthy in this video.
Dr. Mary McCarthy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.