Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Newman
Dr. Mary Newman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Olympia, WA, with other offices in Kennewick, WA and Hermiston, OR (and 1 other location). She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Newman is affiliated with Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Kennewick General Hospital and Lourdes Counseling Center - Richland. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Newman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary Newman has the following 7 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pituitary Diseases
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Mary Newman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
I was referred by a Dr I absolutely adored so I was excited to meet Dr Mary. I am obese, she walked in took one look and announced I was going to die. My husband and I were dumbfounded. (I hate my weight and have tried tons of diets, life changes excetra so it's a hot spot for me) we listened, hoping she might apologize and say more. She didn't. I thought how abusive, without any information, or getting to know me. My husband and I never went back. However I ensure if people ever ask me I share my story. I've been blessed with GREAT Doctors, who work with me as a team, growing and learning side by side. What an insult to the profession of these great people, I hold dearly. My own Dr took my words seriously and kept that info for referring other patients. I am known for my honesty, humour in rough times, and as being a fighter when it comes to staying alive through huge difficult situations. Dr Mary sunshine will not wreck my opinion on this fantastic medical profession. But she will continue to remind me to warn others who may pay her bills.
I have been going to Dr Mary Newman for almost 10 years. I just love her! I have Hypothroidism and during menopause, it was hard to keep under control. With Dr Newman's help and expertise, we found a common ground and I am very thankful for that. She is a very caring and kind individual. She always asks me if things are going ok in my life, and I appreciate her concern.
Dr. Newman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kadlec Regional Medical Center
Kennewick General Hospital
Lourdes Counseling Center - Richland
Lourdes Medical Center
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital
Certifications and Recognitions
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
23 Years Experience
American University of the Caribbean
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary Newman in this video.
Dr. Mary Newman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olympia, WA.