Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer
Dr. Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hammond, IN, with another office in Maywood, IL. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Preventive Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Capelli-Schellpfeffer is affiliated with Loyola University Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer has the following 2 specialties
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Capelli-Schellpfeffer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Loyola University Medical Center
11 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer in this video.
Dr. Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hammond, IN.