Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Mary C Gerleman
Mary C Gerleman is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI. They speak English.
Showing 5 of 19
Back when I saw her, I got a case of kidney stones and the hospital gave me 3 vicodin so that I could make it through my best friend's funeral. I was, naturally, up front about this with her and she just LOST IT, saying that those 3 pills were some-crazy-how responsible for all of my prior issues, despite the fact that those 3 were the only ones I had taken since I was 16 years old and had herniated 3 disks. I was 30 at the time. After this, she went to all the trouble of writing letters to my doctor and to my lawyer and others for my disability hearing, saying I had 'drug seeking problems' and was a hypochondriac. Later I came to find out I have chronic pancreatitis and that's what's been making me miserable for years. Did you know that the reason that hurts is because the organ is sweating acid? Anyway, I would never, ever suggest her to anyone. She also was nasty to me during my colonoscopy because I expressed a concern that my side (what turned out to be my pancreas) still hurt under sedation. The colonoscopy was on my birthday, too.
Literally nothing bad to say. Mary-Catherine truly takes care of the *whole* patient. Not only is she a more than competent GI (she's great), but she also spends time to get to know her patients and inquires about any other complaints. Even when something is unrelated to GI, if you have a problem, she will go out of her way (contacting colleagues) to find out what it could be and refer you to the appropriate person. It's not easy to talk to everyone about what goes into and comes out of your GI tract, but, I can honestly say, I have not had one uncomfortable minute in Mary-Catherine's office. Thanks!!
Even though she no longer accepts our insurance Blue Cross/Blue Shield, we'll still go and see her because she's that great. For me, it's not IF I'll get colon cancer but WHEN due to prevalent family history.I've seen her for my last four screenings but before she ever scoped me we had an hour long consult about all KINDS of health related and general questions and answers.I tell everybody who may need GI work about her!
Mary C Gerleman accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2300 N Mayfair Rd, Milwaukee, WI
Mary C Gerleman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.