The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary W Chang
Dr. Mary W Chang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hartford, CT. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Dermatology, Pediatrics and Dermatology. Dr. Chang is affiliated with Connecticut Childrens Medical Center. Dr. Chang has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary W Chang has the following 3 specialties
- Pediatric Dermatology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Mary W Chang has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Diseases
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Mary W Chang is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
My 12 months old baby had a rash on his legs only and I took him to see Dr.Chang. The office is located right in the middle of a shopping center. Parking is terrible and office staff not as friendly. I didn't like the doctor at all. She is very fast to get you out. Didn't even come close to exam my son's skin. She looked at his legs from her chair and said it was eczyma and didn't take her time to explain how to care for it. She got up within in 1 minute and started walking out of the door. I had to stop her to ask questions. She didn't even ask me if I had any questions like all other doctors do. And the answers she gave me were poor answers anyway. She gave me wrong instructions. I had to call the office the next day to ask for more details of how should I use the creams. Very unhappy with her and her office staff in general. I do not recommend her to anyone. Please don't waste your time and money. Find a different dermotologist for your kid. I will never go back there again.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Chang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1991
Wayne State University
Dr. Mary W Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHartford Dermatology Associates Pc, 65 Memorial Rd Ste 450, West Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary W Chang in this video.
Dr. Mary W Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.