Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary L Coan
Dr. Mary L Coan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Clifton Springs, NY. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Coan is affiliated with Highland Hospital of Rochester and Rochester General Hospital. Dr. Coan has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary L Coan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Coan is wonderful, her staff, is terrible. Michelle the receptionist is rude, lazy, antagonizing, disrespectful and all around ill-mannered. She makes Dr. Coan look bad. If you can stomach her and her attitude, Dr. Coan is worth seeing, and is b far the best doctor out there. You may have a wait time, but be assured she will take the time you need to treat you as a human being not just a dollar sign.
I was more than pleased with Dr. Coan, about 15 years ago, as an integrative MD> I now feel that as her practice in CS has grown, and she has added an NP, that I rarely see the Doctor. NP is inexperienced and quick to order changes in meds on one hand, and then very consevative in dosing when increased doses are truly needed on the other. It is very difficult to get in to see the doctor unless for a routine visit. There have been times I have been told to go to the emergency room, or urgent care center, when seeing the MD would have been the in the best interest of the patient. Dr. Coan keeps adding on expensive herbal medications, without deleting any others. Realizing I have a difficult medical history, I feel no better now than I did when I first started seeing her. Kathy Lightner is excellent with follow-up calls.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Coan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1997
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Mary L Coan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntegratvie Family Care At The Springs, 4 Coulter Rd Ste 1300, Clifton Springs, NY
Dr. Mary L Coan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clifton Springs, NY.