Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary C Dek MD
Dr. Mary C Dek has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mary C Dek has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Mary C Dek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary C Dek - Posted on February 16th, 2016
Dr. Dek is a doctor unlike any other. Her care for my kids went above and beyond, and her concern for me as the Mother was greatly appreciated. When one of my 4 kids was an infant, she received a flu shot along with her vaccinations, and had an extreme reaction. Dr. Dek was amazing at how she handled it, and I was grateful we were under her care. Thanks for being such a great doctor, Dr. Dek! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a doctor to care for their most precious kids.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary C Dek - Posted on April 13th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary C Dek - Posted on August 11th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
University Of Nebraska Medical Center
Dr. Mary C Dek Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry NE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Mary C Dek
Pediatrics Information Pediatrics is a medical specialty that provides health care for children. Pediatricians possess skills and knowledge that qualify them to provide a broad range of medical care from basic childhood illness to the most serious of diseases.
Locations & DirectionsVILLAGE POINTE PEDIATRICS, 18018 Burke St, Elkhorn, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary C Dek, MD - Pediatrics in Elkhorn, NE, in this video.
Dr. Mary C Dek is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elkhorn, NE.