Dr. Mary K Durfee Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Mary K Durfee?

Please seek care else where..

Read this, share it, pass it on.... If this helps just one woman, to not have to go through what I did.. To learn, not to take one Dr at their word and get a second opinion, To speak up and yell at the top of their lungs when they "just know" something is not right, but the Dr's just think "That's you", then my son's death will not have been all in vain.. Remember, YOU have a voice... Don't let them make you feel like you have no choice.. It's YOUR body, it's YOUR baby, and if you feel like they are just brushing YOU off.. Let YOUR voice be heard!!! Last year when we conceived, we were ecstatic. Months and month went by and I was easing into being pregnant. I worked up until I was 32 weeks, then I started having contractions. (Genesis OBGYN/ Generations OBGYN) took me out of work immediately.. I was a high risk, Having Lupus, a classical c/s, and a cerclage in my cervix.. NO labor for me at all they said.. The contractions got worse, tributaline did nothing, so they hospitalized me for 2 days and gave me mag.. I kept telling them from 32-36 weeks that something wasn't right.. No one listened... Repeat LD adventures, each time being sent home.. Don't come back unless you are having more than 6 contractions in an hour or bleeding. Come back to LD, don't come back unless you are having more than 10 STRONG contractions in an hour or bleeding. Come back, don’t come back unless your contractions are more than a minute long.. ect, ect... Well On Sunday February 23 I was in the Northwest Women's Center LD, spotting and contracting.. My dr even told the LD nurses "oh that's just coral she contracts all the time.." Send her home and tell her not to come back unless she can’t stand through a Contraction or is bleeding heavily.. I was so hurt... I was so defeated.. (Alexander was to be delivered by c/s the following Monday..) February 26th.... By that evening the contractions were bad I was crying, and I was noticing Alex was not moving as much... February 27th, I woke up and no movement, an hour later no movement, one more hour, no movement.. I called my dr office, they called me back.. Told me to go to LD....... They tried to hook me up to the machines and listen to the baby, and gauge the contractions.. NO HEART beat.... Brought in the U/S machine... Alex was gone.. 3 days before he was to make his appearance he was gone.... Why in the world of high modern technology, did this happen? Why when I was so many times in the LD did no one take me seriously? Why is a mothers/woman’s voice over shadowed when it comes to her concerns.. These are my fears.. This is what I am haunted by.. Don’t let anyone make you feel little, voice your concerns, get a second opinion.. Thanks for listening..

Professional beauty!

I had a wonderful experience with her. She is a professional caring sympathetic Doctor . She delivered my daughter and did an outstanding job. I was extremely pleased with her in every way! I cannot believe all these other reviews that are negative. She has never been rude to me ever. I will always go to her for all my OB needs I've seen quite a few doctors and she is by far one of the best!

RN

Dr Durfee was the on call for my OB/GYN Dr Martha Laird. I contacted the on call because I needed US results since I was having some complications from my surgery. My regular MD office was closed since they are moving location. Dr Durfee was extremely rude and condescending over the phone when she called me back. She was clearly upset to be bothered with the phone call. End result- she HUNG UP ON ME! I have never in my years of experience delt with such a rude and dismissive physician. Shame on her and her rotten attitude. I would advise that you stay away. One star only becuase it was necessary to complete this rating!

My husband and I were not impressed with Dr Durfee, she had a difficult time communicating when we asked questions. I had two miscarriages and both times I began spotting I had a hard time reaching her when it was an emergency. And I didn't receive much sympathy from her when I lost the babies.

I have never seen Dr Durfee and it was an emergency situation. Went in to make an appt and she said she would see me that day. I was so grateful.

High Praise

Dr. Durfee has been very gentle, caring and helpful. She has gone out of her way to treat me well.

I would recommend Dr. Durfee and her office to anyone!

DR. Durfee took over my prenatal care from a previous physician, and I was very impressed by her knowledge, courteousness, and ability to explain things that I had questions about. Her nurse, Linda, was wonderful - she was quick in taking pre-exam vitals, kind, and extremely nice. For the most part, scheduling with Generations has been a good experience - it wasn't too difficult to get appointment times on days most convenient with me. At most times, the front office staff were very efficient and my wait time was only rarely greater than 10 minutes. Dr. Durfee seems to keep up on all relevant studies and information as it pertains to OB/GYN, as well as general medicine. I was throughly pleased with her services and will be returning for many years to come!

a skilled doctor

It saddens me to see so many negative reviews on doctor Durfee. My first pregnancy went really really well with her and I had no complaints, UNTIL she knew my baby would be large (10 pounds) and started pressuring me to get a c-section without any other medical reason. I stood my ground and delivered vaginally with no big issues. Went overdue BC she refused to induce me for over a week due to baby's size. But overall I felt that she was trying to protect me and trying to do what was the safest for my baby. I do think with all of my heart that she has too many patients and she should stop taking new patients

Terrible Bedside Manner

Dr Durfee ruined our first ultrasound appointment. She was rushed, impatient about answering questions, short, condescending, never asked a single questions about how I was feeling, ignored my husband, and was overall rude to us. I would never recommend anyone use this doctor while they are pregnant. On the other hand the office staff and nurses were wonderful. Just a bad Doctor.

Rude.

My first child i was 16, went to her, she made me feel like i was an stupid. I was 16 didnt know what was going on and she didnt take the time to reassure me that everything will be ok. She walks out of the room like she doesnt care if you dont have the money. Im now pregant with my second and because she was my prev. doc i went back to her she doing the excate same thing. She also told me I couldnt get preg untill a month after getting the IUD out and come to find out i got preg that week. Way to go. I dont like this doc.

Wonderful Doctor!

Dr. Durfee is wonderful! Very caring and really listens. She always makes me feel very comfortable in very uncomfortable situations!

Impatient Patient

Dr. Durfee is very rude. I will explain. On my first visit, I sat in a cold room in the paper thin gown they gave me for twenty minutes. So, the next time I went I asked if I should wait a little before disrobing. When Dr. Durfee came in she said Hello my impatient patient. In appropriate. I changed doctors the next day.