Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary K Figaro
Dr. Mary K Figaro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bettendorf, IA, with other offices in Bettendorf, IA and Moline, IL . She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Dr. Figaro has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary K Figaro has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Nodular Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Egotistical, rude, and refused to answer any of my questions. Extremely negative and discouraging. Billed my insurance for services she didn't perform. Do yourself and favor and find a doctor who can at least act like they care about the patient. Terrible experience.
I had been very ill for several months and seen countless doctors and specialists, when a friend referred me to Dr Figaro. Thank God she did. Dr Figaro took one look at me and realized how serious my situation was. She listened. She spent an hour with me my first appointment, examining me and even researching my symptoms. She hasn't been afraid to consult other doctors about my case. She even called me one weekend to discuss some theories on my illness. She truly cares about her patients. I am so grateful to her and her nurses for the kind and thorough care I've received. She is the best!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Mary K Figaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IA PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary K Figaro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bettendorf, IA.