Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mary A Flatley has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mary A Flatley has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Mary A Flatley has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary A Flatley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 13
Bottom line: She will not help you when you really need her. I have given her permission to share my records with ANYONE. Lawyers, doctors, my husband. For a custody hearing I asked for my record to be released "no, I do not do that sort of thing." When we started counseling a little over 2 years ago, she saved my life. The 40 mg of viibryd prescriped eased my diagnosed depression tremendously . In a bad marriage, depression returns! She was my confident, I only spoke to her. I trusted her, and her judgement to try 600 MG no evaluation, my chart says I am bi-polar. I have been a diligent patient until my husband discovered, out of pocket she is 325.00 a visit. She wanted me to go at least twice a month, he did not approve. Usually I did go every other week! Now, 26,000 dollars in legal fees. Though I am the primary caregiver, i will not have custody. An improper diagnosis of BI POLAR! The real warning is this: she knows my parenting is is getting better and better everyday. In her words "you are a great mother , why are you married to this man?" She knows he has an awful temper. Every lawyer has been straight forward. A bi polar diagnosis, will forfeit my custody, especially when I have no witness. She knows about his slew of family members that will testify on his behalf.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1981
University Of Texas Health Science Center At San Antonio
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMary Ann Flatley Md, 7744 Broadway St Ste 209, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Mary A Flatley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.