Dr. Mary Hargrave Is this you?

1.3

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Mary Hargrave?

Posted on September 12th, 2016

Wanted to be evaluated for ADD, instead diagnosed me with depression and did not tell me. I found out from my primary care physician. Said she prescribed wellbutrin for ADD but its an antidepressant. I got really sick within 2 days then stopped taking it. She said if I wanted ADD meds then I have to get papers signed by my school and that I would need to be evaluated by another psychiatrist. This was my first time seeing a behavioral health therapist. This was a horrible experience. Do not see this crazy lady.

Trusting patient

Posted on November 18th, 2015

Dr. Hargraves prescribed Abilify medication that created anxiety and panic attacks for me. Rather than changing my medication, after meeting with me for 5 minutes, she just left the medication in place and did not prescribe an anti-anxiety medication. Increased anxiety is a side effect of using Abilify. I also asked her to meet with my mom on my first visit. Instead, she took me in early to my appointment so that my mom would not be part of the conversation and then refused to meet with her after our meeting even though she still had 20 minutes of time to meet with us. I'm going to find a new doctor who actually knows what they're doing. Don't use this doctor!! She's a joke.

Very bad, uncaring and incapable doctor

Posted on September 29th, 2015

I consulted Dr. Mary Hargrave for couple months. Very dissatisfied with her level of care & interest in patient well-being. This doctor is not genuinely caring; & not capable of providing complete or correct diagnosis, information and treatment. I had recently relocated to Seattle/Eastside & took some time figuring my in-network providers. Not being able to get appointments with providers of choice, I reluctantly signed up with Dr. Hargrave; only in the interest of time. My advance impressions about her being a lacking providers were only confirmed over the 3 times I met her. I am already switching to a new provider. Recounting my experience in this review to warn others. She comes across as short, rushing to prescribe medication while not adequately providing information on treatment plan & side affects, even if asked for. I often feared being over medicated. I came off feeling strongly she is only interested in the frequency with which a patient will return to her. When I suggested that I feel I’m close to recovery & will like to try getting off medications, her immediate reply stunned me (“OK, so you don’t need to see me anymore.”). She did not take even 2 minutes to explain what to expect if I stopped taking meds. Which truly caring doctor does that? This isn’t the sign of a good provider. She seems to gets many cancellations. Also surprised to learn she typically slots patients for 20 mins appts only. Not sure what the standard is, but 20 mins seems way to short for a psychiatrist who really must spend time listening to patients case details. Office Staff: quite sloppy. In one case, I was given an appt for 10th of the month (hand-written card given to confirm the date). Upon calling on 9th to recheck the time, staff said they didn’t have me scheduled. Two week later, I get a notice for missing an appt on 17th! I will be billed for “missing appointment.” In another case, as an afterthought immediately after my appt ended, I wanted to leave a message behind for the doctor. The staff wouldn’t even do that & asked me to “take it up on my next appointment." Third & last strike - there was a major & unexpected construction roadblock on the main road leading up to Dr. Hargrave’s office (116th Street). Everyone had to detour. I realized I was running late for my appt. While stuck in traffic I called the office to inform. They put me on hold. Upon reaching, I was asked to fill out forms. It was 10 mins into my appt, that Dr. Hargrave made an appearance inquiring about my whereabouts. Apparently, the staff hadn’t checked me in after my arrival. Few mins later, as I was filling out forms, I was told, since I’m late, the doctor can’t see me. It was then that I was told, doctor only gives 20 mins appointments and now she has to prepare herself for the next patient. No consideration was given to the fact that there is a roadblock next to her office or I'd never been late before. This will be the 2nd time I will be billed without seeing anyone in that office! Of a total of 6 times I made appointments. Before this last appointment, I had already started to look for other providers. I am in the process of switching out. I will not recommend Dr. Hargrave to ANYONE. In conclusion, the doctor is money-minded and cannot be trusted to come through for her patients. I could not longer trust myself in her care knowing she is not giving me complete & correct diagnosis, information & treatment plan. She is by far among the worst doctors I have consulted across the cities I’ve lived in.

Posted on September 28th, 2015

This laity is the worst! She left me hanging feeling suicidal and anxious, wouldn't help with note for work, wouldn't consider adding meds that may have helped while my insurance authorized others. Horrible .

Uncaring staff and rude receptionists.

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

Never have I experienced such an uncaring staff, including the doctor. The front staff won't even take a message and pass along to appropriate care provider. They are of no help when in need.

Posted on February 21st, 2017