Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary D Hinckley has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Ovulation Induction
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
very charming 1st visit, then, thats it: no follow-up, no answers, her team doesn't respond and you're left on your own if you dare have any questions and worries in the future. Only cares about money. Her financial advisor is the worst and quite condescending. We regret wasting time and having to start from start.
If you are going through difficulty conceiving and needing help desperately, you don't want to see this doctor to receive further discouragements. Only thing she wants is a good report card using you as a RACE HORSE for her selfishness. She would not like you if you have health issues. She would not like you if your test results were not ideal for having a baby. She says such as "Oh, you should give up and be happy with your life without kids."If we can be convinced by some remarks like this from Dr. Hinckley, we wouldn't come this far to see a specialist. She would embarrasses you. She would make you feel guilty for wanting a baby. She would give up on you because you are "TOO OLD" "TOO OBESE" "TOO UNHEALTHY" or whatever the reasons she doesn't want you as a patient. She wouldn't care if you already spent a good portion of treatment costs. By the way, we changed doctors after being upset by this rude doctor and successfully had beautiful twins despite the fact she said "you should give up. Your chance of having a baby is less than 5 %." Gosh we are glad we ignored some stupid lady like her!! Our best decision ever in our life. Shame on you, Dr. Hinckley!! It's so wrong to mislead your patients. If we believed your diagnosis, we wouldn't have had our life with our beautiful babies. Go back to school and take a Medical Ethic class.
Dr Hinckley was very nice and friendly. During our initial visits she listened and got us going on a plan. The diagnosis process was long but we felt well cared for and like we were moving towards positive progress. Sadly once we entered the IVF process we saw less and less of her. Appointments were scheduled with her and we would arrive to find a different doctor handling the case. Often a nurse practitioner or ultrasound tech would be the only person I would see during our visit. Calls were returned by an admin who answered every question with "I'll check with the Dr. and get back to you". This is fine but it seems very inefficient and we were rarely ever able to actually speak to our Dr. She was hardly involved in the entire IVF process unless something went wrong (I had some medication reactions). It started to feel like she was just covering her own butt (excuse the expression but that's what it seemed like). After a failed IVF she was compassionate but during our "debrief" visit she asked us a few questions that made it seem like she didn't even know what was going on with our case. We liked Dr Hinckley so we continued with her care as we tried again to get pregnant and this time the issues we were having already became worse. Again I barely saw her and even our nurse mentioned how strange it was that she was so absent from our case. Again she seemed only to get involved when something went wrong, as if she can't be bothered with us unless it might harm her practice. We failed to get pregnant and again we met with her to debrief what happened and how to proceed. She is very knowledgeable but clearly disconnected from her patients. We found out after the fact that she neglected to share with us some test results that would have changed our decision to go forward with the second (and quite costly) IVF. I personally had really liked her but realized she just doesn't have the time to take with her patients or review their information. I want to emphasize that this review is not negative because of our inability to get pregnant. It is about her ability to be available and help us make good decisions, which I don't feel she did. Also don't even get me started on the billing practices of her office. Stay away.
Infertility was difficult for us emotionally, financially, and physically, as it probably is for almost anyone going through it. We had seen two other doctors before finding Dr. Hinckley. She was the first person who took the time to really explain what she was suggesting to do and why. She does tend to speak very fast, but she's ok with being interrupted and having to explain things over and over again. She also was very compassionate throughout. When we got the negative results along the way to finally getting pregnant, she called herself instead of having someone else do it. So if we were ready to jump back in and try right away, she was there to start another plan - she didn't leave us hanging and feeling like "we've tried it all so maybe we're just always going to be miserable and miss out of having children after all", and gave us that bit of hope that we needed to get through it all. She referred us to a great local therapist for dealing with the emotional tolls, and also a not-so-good acupuncturist that we quickly replaced. Overall, we owe her and the staff the amazing experience of being pregnant and being parents. If the treatments didn't in fact work out, I truly believe she would have steered us to either adoption, egg donation, surrogacy, or one of the other options that would have given us the parenthood experience that we wanted. She really cares!
21 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Mary D Hinckley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMary Deraismes Hinckley Md, 100 Park Pl Ste 200, San Ramon, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary D Hinckley in this video.
Dr. Mary D Hinckley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ramon, CA.