Dr. Mary Hooks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Hooks?

Posted on January 28th, 2017

Dr Hooks did surgery at Vanderbilt on husband Frank when he was found to have Melanoma in lymph glands in the groin in 2013. She is a marvelous surgeon and a precious friend. She was always searching of better ways to treat him and suggested we perhaps apply for a trial study on Melanoma. I attribute Dr Hooks and Dr Jennifer Halpern with not only saving Frank's life but making life very precious. The Melanoma was under Frank's great toe on left foot. Had been checked and rechecked by surgeons, specialists, etc., and we were told it was a seed wart [had been there 2 1/2 years]. We have a possible recurrence of the lymph node problem, found in a scan last week at Vandy. We will be re-scanned this Tuesday and go from there. If there is a recurrence of the cancer, I pray we will be able to again go to Dr Hooks for our patient care. She and her team are so aware of the 'entire' patient care and family needs that I wish everyone had such a very special surgeon like Dr Hooks when needed.

Patient

Posted on June 6th, 2015

Her caring bedside manner is a gift from God. She truly cares about her patients. The care I received was wonderful.

Posted on May 6th, 2015

The best medical care I've ever received! You're made to feel more than just a patient. It's a wonderful, family atmosphere. I thank God for leading me to her😇

kick you to the curb doctor

Posted on March 18th, 2013

She will do surgery on you mess you up then kick u to the curb

Posted on February 22nd, 2012

Dr. Hooks is a wonderful physician. After being asked what I remember most during my time under her care, I honestly answered her delightful bedside manner. One of the key qualities in differentiating the good from the great, is how well one is able to interact with their patients. Dr. Hooks is very pleasant and has genuine care and concern for her patients, which means a lot. She also strives for each party involved to fully understand the measures which will be taken throughout the course of care, wether you are the patient or a loved one. I will never be able to describe how pleasing her care was to me. It truly goes beyond expectation.

Posted on May 17th, 2016