Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary Jo Kinsella has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mary Jo Kinsella has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 15
I would not recommend this doctor she is horrible. Thinks her patients are stupid and compares each patient. Does not listen to patients concerns and it takes forever to receive a diagnosis. If she does not know what's going on she would just write in your chart that you are depressed. Furthermore, when she becomes frustrated she wants to push you off to the VA or another doctor.
I've been trying to have pain relief and move on with my life, but this doctor is an idiot. She does not want to diagnose you, but she will have you come back every 3 months to hear that you are doing worse. She seems to think her patients are all stupid and that the pain is not real. I wouldn't trust her to put me on birth control, let alone do any type of operation. NO WAY! Find anyone else.
Dr Kinsella comes off as caring but only is concern about her paycheck. Every week she is on vacation and never returns phone calls. Please do not let this doctor operate on you because if something goes wrong she will call you back within 5 days. When you challenge Dr Kinsella she wants to push you off to the VA.
I have been a patient of Ms Kinsella for 10 months now. Her approach is very misleading. She comes off as a very caring and knowledgeable person, when in fact, she is manipulative and over all opinionated. Every appointment I have with her, initially starts out with a sit-down with her "nurse", who has got to be a bit senile. I am asked the same questions every visit and continue to complain about the same symptoms; it's absolutely irritating and exhausting! The meds they prescribed me, haven't helped in the least bit. I've been put on meds that either make me sick(er), or can even be habit-forming, IE sleep aids but I can't get help to manage my pain because of it being "habit forming" as well? What sense does this make? Therefore, the last 10 months I have dealt with my pain, which is driving me MAD and dang near became dependent on sleep aids. HELLO! If I weren't in excruciating pain on a daily basis, I would be able to sleep!!The communication between her and the nurse is lacking. I have to argue my way through each visit with the "he said, she said". All in all, if you are looking for a "doctor", who actually cares for his or her patients, please for your physical and psychological sake look else where. Do not waste your time with her. Find a "doctor" that takes their patients serious and will not compare your individual symptoms or needs with the next or previous patient. Someone who will in fact help you get better, rather than keep you "sick" just for her payroll.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNaval Medical Center San Diego - Balboa, 34800 Bob Wilson Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Mary Jo Kinsella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.