The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary M Klix has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Palliative Care
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Everyone in this office is extremely friendly and helpful. They have helped me navigate insurance issues, treatment options, etc., with great care and concern. she even has a therapist on staff that specializes in clients with cancer diagnoses. I will continue to recommend Dr. Klix, especially after poor experience at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.
I was diagnosed with cancer (in 2005) by a different doctor who I felt was uncaring and brusk. I went to Dr. Klix for a second opinion, which was more accurate than the first, and I switched to Dr. Klix because I felt that she was not only a good oncologist, but that she really cared about me! That's very important to me, especially with a disease like cancer that affects your body, your emotions, your family, and your whole being. When she moved to her own practice several years ago, and I stayed with the Mercy practice, but after being passed from doctor to doctor to nurse practitioner, and never feeling any of them truly knew me or cared about me personally, I was happy to follow Dr. Klix to her new location, and have been with her ever since. I attribute my continued survival to her competent care!
I understand that a Dr's staff can make it difficult sometimes, and maybe that bothers some people. However, this should not effect rating the Dr's performance. I moved with Dr. Klix because I found her to be the first oncologist I could talk and relate to. (Yes, I changed from someone else specifically to be in her care.) She helped me thru my cancer and continues to give me solid advice and care.
21 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
St Johns Medical Center
Dr. Mary M Klix accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSaint Louis Renal Care-Des Peres, 2325 Dougherty Ferry Rd Ste 103, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary M Klix in this video.
Dr. Mary M Klix is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.