Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Korytkowski
Dr. Mary Korytkowski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pittsburgh, PA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Korytkowski is affiliated with Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, UPMC Passavant Cranberry and UPMC Passavant. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Korytkowski has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Can never get return appt. when Dr. K says to...a difference of up to five months; office could not download the pump info they previously stated they were able to do; totally disorganized visit; Taken back to the exam room then returned to the waiting room when they found there were no free exam rooms;No flu vaccine available after it being offered during this visit;Dr. K e-scribed meds NOT requested and these meds were NOT under her care, thus costing us more money, they were sent to the WRONG address and these meds for migraines were incorrectly ordered, thus screwing up future timely monthly needs for this med.Dr. K changed pump basal settings by a large amount without the benefit of downloaded information with resultant glucoses for the subsequent day all over 300 without other causes for these elevations;I am wondering if the correct chart was being used or was it another patient's. After that first day, we returned to the previous basal settings and normal glucose levels returned. Totally disgusted by a previously respected and liked doctor and staff with the exception of the front desk people who are always rude and seem to dislike their jobs.
Dr. Korytkowski is the top in her field and she has always spent time with me explaining what testing she wanted me to do and why. Any question I had was answered in terms that I caould understand and if I needed further explanation, she did that as well without any hesitation. I will continue to see Dr. Korytkowski for my Diabetes.
Dr. Korytkowski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Jameson Memorial Hospital
UPMC South Side
UPMC St. Margaret
VA Pittsburgh Health Care System-University Drive
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
31 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Mary Korytkowski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Pittsburgh, 3601 5th Ave, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Mary Korytkowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.