Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Mary Lee Krinsky
Mary Lee Krinsky, DO is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA, with another office in La Jolla, CA. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Mary Lee Krinsky is affiliated with UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla, Promise Hospital San Diego and UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest.
Mary Lee Krinsky has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Barrett Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I love Dr. Krinsky and have received great care from her. I had a difficult medical condition and saw other GI doctors--but this physician was right on target. Her bed side manner, professional demeanor made me feel comfortable. She is caring, sincere and most importantly very communicative at all times. She is the best GI doc around San Diego. I highly recommend her to all.
Krinsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
Promise Hospital San Diego
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UC San Diego Health System
UC San Diego Health System
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Brigham and Womens Hospital
25 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1991
Yale University School Of Medicine
Mary Lee Krinsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Mary Lee Krinsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.