Dr. Mary Mcquade Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Mary Mcquade?

Wasgiven the wrong diagnose

Posted on August 8th, 2017

I was treated by Doctor Mc Quade for almost a year. She diagnosed me with postpartum psychosis in my very first visit. Surprised with her rapid assessment I tried to tell her about the things that were going through my mind, however she replied that I didn't have to tell her the specifics of my thoughts. As a result of her negligence in my diagnostic I was given medicines for a year that had zero to no relation to my condition. As soon as I moved to a different state, a new Doctor told me that he needed to know what happened in the most descriptive way possible. After I had explained him my thoughts, he assessed that my thoughts were what it is medically defined as intrusive thoughts, therefore they were not hallucinations. Thankfully he was willing to listen to his patient’s symptoms. As an expert working with dementia and psychosis he concluded that I didn’t have postpartum psychosis instead religious OCD. I was immediately initiated in the withdrawing process of the psychosis medications. As I have withdrawn from these medicines I feel great, however I'm very upset that I was misdiagnosed. I was given medicine that caused me so many side effects including my legs shaking which luckily stopped after I was taken off of my meds since most people suffer permanent damages.

Amazing doctor

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

Dr. McQuade is super knowledgeable and compassionate. She was able to help me get back to my life when no other psychiatrist or therapist could. Thank you Dr McQuade.

Excellent

Posted on March 21st, 2015

Dr Mcquade is excellent. Spot-on diagnosis and compassionate nature. I really like her.

Excellent & compassionate doctor

Posted on April 28th, 2014

Dr. McQuade is an extraordinarily nice person who truly cares about her patients. She is very knowledgeable and generally very prompt in seeing patients. I'd recommend calling ahead 2-3 week ahead as her schedule does fill up. She's totally worth it!!

Find another doctor

Posted on July 1st, 2013

Prescription was double what she told me. Wanted me to empty capsule and then divide powder into four piles for the correct initial dosage. This is not my idea of quality medical care. Forgets what she prescribed and what other doctors she has referred you to. Does seem like she's involved with the treatment. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. THINGS WILL ONLY GET WORSE!

Be careful

Posted on April 10th, 2013

This doctor is unprofessional. Be careful of prescriptions. She appears detached and uncaring.

Posted on April 11th, 2017