Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Michal
Dr. Mary Michal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnson City, TN. She has 57 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Michal is affiliated with Johnston Memorial Hospital, Johnson County Community Hospital and Smyth County Comm Hosp. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Michal has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Binge Eating Disorder
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Michal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Johnson County Community Hospital
Smyth County Comm Hosp
Russell County Medical Center
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Indian Path Medical Center
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
57 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1956
University Of Colorado
Dr. Mary Michal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMichal Child Development Center, 302 Wesley St, Johnson City, TN
Dr. Mary Michal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.