Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary P Mortell
Dr. Mary P Mortell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ypsilanti, MI. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include GastroenterologyInternal Medicine. Dr. Mortell is affiliated with Chelsea Community Hospital, St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital and St Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Mary P Mortell has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary P Mortell has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Showing 2 of 2
Consistently wonderful and compassionate doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary P Mortell - Posted on November 2nd, 2015
I met Dr. Mortell in 1995. Since that time I have had many office visits and some procedures with her. She is so kind and genuinely concerned. I have a many medical conditions, allergies, and issues. Dr. Mortell patiently suggested and recommended numerous things for me. She was personable, compassionate, and went the extra mile. Dr. Mortell took as much time as I needed to help during each appointment.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary P Mortell - Posted on October 28th, 2011
Very nice but does nothing. More xoncerned about getting paid for procedures thatn actually diagnosign problem. Recommends medications I m allergic to. Stubborn and refuses to look into what it really bothering me. Keeps insisting my condition is something that it isn't. Won't order testing needed. Nurses who work for her, with teh exception of one and rude and condescending.
Dr. Mortell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1983
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Mary P Mortell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHURON GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES PC, 5300 Elliott Dr, Ypsilanti, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary P Mortell, MD - Gastroenterology in Ypsilanti, MI, in this video.
Dr. Mary P Mortell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ypsilanti, MI.