Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary C Nowlin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 22
I saw this Dr. several times and each time she was very professional and took the time to address specific needs my child had. I had been to other doctors in the past that shuffle you in and out with a script and do very little testing. This was not true of this professional. Dr. Nowlin was very thorough and took the time to investigate options for treatment beyond meds. I would take my child to her again but we moved out of the area. I only hope I can find as skilled a professional as her in the new area where we live.
Dr. Nowlin spent 15 minitues with my son on a new patient appointment. She did not take down a full health history, divise a treatment plan or suggest follow up care, treatment or medications. She has been neglegent in my son's case. If you are interested in your child's health, stay away from AZ Behavioral Health Specialist DR. Mary Nowlin DO
32 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
C F Menninger Memorial Hospital
Dr. Mary C Nowlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMary C Nowlin Do, 7155 W Campo Bello Dr Ste C120, Glendale, AZ
Dr. Mary C Nowlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.