Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary T Panzetta has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr Panzetta helped me a great deal. While she was at the Stratton VA, she was my doctor and, then she was promoted and, eventually moved on. So sorry that she is not there any longer! This provider is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and kind. Please consider her.
I am so grateful to have found her. There are so many doctors who can make you feel intimidated and some who can actually do more harm to those with a sensitive nature. So for me she is perfect. She is so very patient, listens, and in addition to giving whatever medications which may be required, gives you the emotional tools needed to move ahead and deal with life.
Dr. Panzetta is a very caring and a professional who remains interested. She is truly there for you and never loses focus. Phone calls are returned promptly and helps you through any situation that may arise. I have noted great progress in my general well being and that has been through her careful and well thought out guidance.
I was fortunate enough to be a patient of Dr. Panzetta for several years, first when she was practicing psychiatry at the Albany VA Hospital, and after she opened her private practice in Albany. She is the most knowledgeable, open-minded, well-read and caring mental health professional I've ever known. Her genuine concern for patients is so rare and appreciated, earning her the trust of patients which in turn enables them to take risks she suggests which greatly enhance their recovery potential. Dr. Panzetta's belief that the doctor and patient are equal partners is probably the greatest gift she gave to me, among countless benefits I received under her care. She is one-of-a-kind, a gifted psychiatrist who cares more about the patient than CYA liability fears or bureaucratic rigidity.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Mary T Panzetta accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwell Health, 2 Tower Pl, Albany, NY
Dr. Mary T Panzetta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.