Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary K Parras
Dr. Mary K Parras, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scarsdale, NY, with another office in Larchmont, NY. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Parras is affiliated with Phelps Memorial Hospital Center-Northwell Hospital, Stamford Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary K Parras has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mary K Parras has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
Dr. Mary K Parras has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary K Parras is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Went to Dr. Parras for the first time over a year and a half ago, I have to say I was a little turned off. We spoke about the different issues I was having, she seemed very nonchalant in her responses. I started to feel uncomfortable immediately, as I really despise doctors who don't truly show concern for their patients. Anyhow she advised me to come back to get blood work done to check my levels. Till this day I have not gotten the results of my pap or my blood test. I called the office several times asking for a call back as I wanted my results, besides having the answer to the extremely rude receptionist/appointment maker, who dared asking me the nature of my call to the Dr. and requesting details about what test I took, and what I wanted to know, I have to Blame Dr. Parras directly for not following up with her patients.
Upon first meeting Dr. Parras (although she didnât seem completely âpresentâ) I liked her. That quickly changed when my test results came in and I tried calling her to discuss results, and to advise her of reaction to a drug she prescribed. She did not return any of my calls. Dr. Parras does NOT review test results, follow-up or call patients regarding their concerns. I called her many times and each time I got a person who was ill-equipped to answer any question (yet she said she was a nurse). I made an appointment with different gynecologist and was glad I did. She read my reports and told me information from the results I desperately needed to know. She also arranged for additional testing, and gave a new prescription. She "listened and heard" me. Dr. Parras appears to have PAST her better years as a physician. Her behavior is very dangerous to patients. She does the minimum; which could be a patient's PERIL. I have had many gynecologists and she is the WORSE one I have ever had! I would NOT recommend her.
I was seeing a HORRIBLE dr in the practice and one of the nurses referred me to Dr. Parras. What a wonderful, soothing, and calm woman. i had post partum after my son was born and she did everything in her power to ease my fears, calm my nerves, and assure me what i was going through was normal. Wonderful bedside manner and a truly dedicated Dr.
Dr. Parras is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1982
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Mary K Parras accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary K Parras is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scarsdale, NY.