Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary E Patrenos has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I tracked this lady down in Alabama,all the way from Warner Robins,GA. She used to be a pediatrician with Lifeguard Pediatrics in Warner Robins GA. I took my son in with a massive boil on his behind. I told her that it was MRSA,which upon testing turned out to be correct. She made me drag three young children under the age of 4 to the hospital in Macon. The hospital wanted to cut open his behind and when my husband and I objected to such monstrosity,we decided not to cut my child's butt open and resort to weeks of packing it,and instead went the strong antibiotics route. She didnt like that we didnt take her ridiculous advice and actually kicked us(my husband,an honorable air force veteran,and I)out of the practice and refused to see us further. If I could rate her lower than a zero I would. She is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE with children and thinks she is better than you,when her red-neck self CLEARLY is NOT! Stay away from DR. MARY PATRENOS!!she hates stay at home mothers too,and clearly is jealous of their time with their children.I am so glad to see she left Georgia!
She is always very thorough. Goes the conservative route first, if the situation warrants it. Listens intently to get an accurate history. Exceptional bedside manners. Very patient with my husband to answer all his questions. And extremely patient with my special needs child.
Dr. Patrenos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Mary E Patrenos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary E Patrenos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anniston, AL.