Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary A Poag has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Mary A Poag has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Mary A Poag is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
This woman has made my gynecological experiences a living nightmare with her talks afterwards. She tells me that no one is nervous when they come see her and she even questioned my parents (when I was younger) of having me not treated for sexual abuse. I have never been abused, but I will admit it is not the greatest experience going to her and many others are nervous as well. She also was not promoting safe sex, yet abstinence, which to me was a little naive of her. Needless to say after 5 years of going to her, I now have an appt next week with a new dr and a new outlook on feminine health.
Dr. Poag is a great doctor. I have been going to her for the past 7 years for the yearly checkups and will continue to as long as I live in the Houston area. I moved close to central Houston 3 years ago and still continue to make the 45 minute drive down to her office to see her. She is always very helpful with questions and is very friendly and personable. I recommend her to anyone looking for an OB/GYN in the Houston area.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Poag is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Mary A Poag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBay Area Ob/Gyn, 17 Professional Park Dr, Webster, TX
Dr. Mary A Poag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Webster, TX.