Dr. Mary A Poag Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary A Poag?

The Best Doctor EVER!

I have been seeing Dr. Poag for many years, she is the best! She puts your mind at ease, is always pleasant as well as her staff.

She is very gentle with procedures but she forgot my prior history and is very conservative with my treatment and I've decided to change doctors.

Never Again

This woman has made my gynecological experiences a living nightmare with her talks afterwards. She tells me that no one is nervous when they come see her and she even questioned my parents (when I was younger) of having me not treated for sexual abuse. I have never been abused, but I will admit it is not the greatest experience going to her and many others are nervous as well. She also was not promoting safe sex, yet abstinence, which to me was a little naive of her. Needless to say after 5 years of going to her, I now have an appt next week with a new dr and a new outlook on feminine health.

SCARY!

Great Doctor

Dr. Poag is a great doctor. I have been going to her for the past 7 years for the yearly checkups and will continue to as long as I live in the Houston area. I moved close to central Houston 3 years ago and still continue to make the 45 minute drive down to her office to see her. She is always very helpful with questions and is very friendly and personable. I recommend her to anyone looking for an OB/GYN in the Houston area.

I couldn't ask for a better doctor. She delivered my identical twin girls which were her first ever but as a medical professional, wouldn't trust the care to anyone else. She is extremely intelligent, caring, andcompassionate. My only complaint is that she does not practice family medicine as well.

Her office is always booked, it is hard to an appointment, and when you do, other people have the same appointment time! The wait is always long. She does not keep up with current medical research, and made recommendations that I later found out were not what is currently accepted as best practice.

Disgruntled Patient

I have used Dr. Poag for 10 years and had no problems until my second pregnancy. I was informed yesterday at an Ultrasound that my pregnancy was not n ...

Best Doctor!!

I saw Dr. Poag throughout 2 of my previous pregnancies and am seeing her with this one.she is very kind and listens to what I have to say. Because of her attention she caught something other Dr.'s missed. The wait can be a little long but I don't mind that is to be expected at any office, especially if its a good dr. The staff has always been friendly and ready to help!! My nurse is great and seemed almost as excited for me as I was when I found out I was pregnant..would definately recommend her to everyone!

Her staff is Impossible!

I loved Dr. Poag as a doctor She is very caring and spends the time with you . But her staff is horrible. Anytime I needed anything done,even small things like a prescription being called in, it took weeks of me hounding them to get anything done. I went a few times without being able to take my birth control because they never sent the prescription. Its not worth all the time and effort. As much as I loved her its not worth the stres.

Dr. Poag is the best!

Dr. Poag has delivered both of my kids and I could not have asked for a better doctor. She made sure my needs were met, and worked around them. She is caring, kind, and truly a great in her field. She is a mother and knows the strains of pregnancy first hand along with demand made on us moms. She continued to be my doctor until I stopped breast feeding. This is great because family practitioners may not know what you can or can't take while breastfeeding. The wait is a little long to see her but think about it! You have a line of expecting moms with who knows how many questions to ask. They set appointments in increments of every 15 minutes and when looking for a doctor I called every local OBGYN and they all set per 15 minutes. So no matter where you go in Clear Lake there will be a wait. Set the morning first appointment or the first after lunch appointment.