Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Poole
Dr. Mary Poole, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Longmont, CO, with another office in Longmont, CO. She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Poole is affiliated with Longmont United Hospital and Boulder Community Foothills Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Poole has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Poole is very brazen and I felt like she was looking down on me like she's better than me. I called one time to get some info on smoking cessation and they made me made me make an appointment to see her. When I saw her she gave me a print out of the home page for I Quit website and nothing else. It made me so angry that I paid a $25 co-pay just for her to hand me a piece of paper. Every doctor she has referred me to have been horrible. Does she get kick backs for referring to useless doctors? I guess I will never know. Another time I came in and I asked about my estradiol and if I should go off it and she said we'll talk about it another time. If you make an appointment you can only talk about what you came in for and she will not answer questions not related to what you came in for. She is uncaring, unsympathetic and lacks empathy. Beware of this doctor!
Dr. Poole is very knowledgeable and current on research related to my condition. While she isn't warm and fuzzy, she is very clear in the information she provides, and answers questions without jargon. I don't need warm and fuzzy, but I certainly do need clear answers. My only complaint is her habit of taking cell phone calls during appointments. On one occasion she took two, and with the second one stepped out for nearly 20 minutes. As much as I can appreciate her limited time in a busy practice, my time is equally busy and I ended up being nearly 30 minutes late to work as a consequence. I understand emergency calls, but my 20 minute appointment ended up nearly an hour long. I found that exceptionally rude and thoughtless on her part.
Dr. Poole is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Longmont United Hospital
Boulder Community Foothills Hospital
35 Years Experience
University Of Edinburgh
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Mary Poole accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary Poole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longmont, CO.