Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary R Parker has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to Ms. Parker to have an annual pap. I was told there would be no fee and my insurance would cover everything because my annuals are free. While I was in stir-ups she said she would be getting a biopsy of the lining of my uterus. No number, no meds, no nothing. She yanks it off, I was in so much pain. She said, "You must have a sensitive uterus." Very rudely. On my form it said I had smoked for about 20yrs, but no more. She asks if I have a dry cough for smoking so long. I say no, no cough. She says, "You're lucky. If you had a cough, with as many children as you've had, your uterus would have already prolapsed. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen in already." I was mortified. I have never felt so dirty and disgusted leaving the doctor. Then she calls and say s she has me set up for surgery in a week. (I had been having heavier periods and asked if it was normal or if I should be worried) I was like, "What?" That is a major step for heavy periods. So I told her I was not ready to have a complete hysterectomy. Then I start getting tons of bills for surgery, labs, $155 office visiT charge! I am disgusted. It seems like as soon as i said I would not be having surgery she decided to stick it to me and my insurance. DO NOT USE HER. I will not go back. The only reason I went for 2nd visit is for results of test. I was told later, that I never should have gone to her. Everyone seems to know what type of doc she is. If I could have put a negative rating I would.
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Mary R Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary R Parker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bedford, TX.