Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mary R Parker has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Mary R Parker has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Mary R Parker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 14
I went to Ms. Parker to have an annual pap. I was told there would be no fee and my insurance would cover everything because my annuals are free. While I was in stir-ups she said she would be getting a biopsy of the lining of my uterus. No number, no meds, no nothing. She yanks it off, I was in so much pain. She said, "You must have a sensitive uterus." Very rudely. On my form it said I had smoked for about 20yrs, but no more. She asks if I have a dry cough for smoking so long. I say no, no cough. She says, "You're lucky. If you had a cough, with as many children as you've had, your uterus would have already prolapsed. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen in already." I was mortified. I have never felt so dirty and disgusted leaving the doctor. Then she calls and say s she has me set up for surgery in a week. (I had been having heavier periods and asked if it was normal or if I should be worried) I was like, "What?" That is a major step for heavy periods. So I told her I was not ready to have a complete hysterectomy. Then I start getting tons of bills for surgery, labs, $155 office visiT charge! I am disgusted. It seems like as soon as i said I would not be having surgery she decided to stick it to me and my insurance. DO NOT USE HER. I will not go back. The only reason I went for 2nd visit is for results of test. I was told later, that I never should have gone to her. Everyone seems to know what type of doc she is. If I could have put a negative rating I would.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Mary R Parker accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mary R Parker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bedford, TX.