Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary A Radia
Dr. Mary A Radia, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Urbandale, IA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Radia is affiliated with Iowa Health Des Moines Luthern Hospital. Dr. Radia has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary A Radia has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Radia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1981
Central Iowa Health System
Dr. Mary A Radia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMercy Arthritis And Osteoporosis Center, 8421 Plum Dr, Urbandale, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary A Radia in this video.
Dr. Mary A Radia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Urbandale, IA.