Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary C Raven has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
Dr. Mary C Raven has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Mary C Raven has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Raven "cared" for my grandmother when she arrived at OLOL hospital with severe dehydration and a BUN of 33. She said that she was "terminal", but couldn't explain why and refused to do a PEG tube so handed the case over to another doctor who did it. When she left the hospital her BUN was 19 and she was absorbing the food. However she starved for 5 days at the hospital and the reason being their was a mass in her throat that was not allowing her to swallow easy. However, this was never recorded in ANY of her medical records...
Dr. Raven was very sensitive and professional while she was treating my grandmother. Clearly my grandmother was at the end of her life. She had the foresight to discuss palliative care and hospice with our family. It was the best decision we have ever made. My grandmother passed with dignity surrounded by her family.
Dr Raven went against my family's wishes and confronted my clinically depressed, very ill, very weak grandmother about a living will and do not resuscitate order. This caused much turmoil for my grandmother. She decided NOT to listen to the wishes of people that know the patient best, but with her ONE YEAR OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE (per this website) she decided that somehow she knew what was best for the patient. Shame on her ignorance. I do not recommend this physician.
14 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Mary C Raven accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOur Lady Of The Lake Regional Medical Center, 5000 Hennessy Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Mary C Raven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.