Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Rinella
Dr. Mary Rinella, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Chicago, IL . She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Dr. Rinella is affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Rinella has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Fatty Liver
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Hearing Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Laser Surgery
- Liver Transplantation
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Was sent to to Dr. Rinella by my GP. The day I went I was feeling fluey and asked the nurse taking my vitals to take my temperature. She said they didn't have a thermometer. In the course of my appointment with Dr. Rinella I asked what my previous weight was on my last visit to NMFF to see how much weight I'd lost. She did not know how to look up that information in their computer system. She said I needed a test that required 2 blood tests several weeks apart. Her nurse called me the next day and said to do the 1st set of tests right away and then they would put in the order for the 2nd set. I did the 1st test, after the prescribed amount of time I went down for the 2nd set. The tests weren't ordered yet. One of her staff called and left a message telling me I needed the 2nd set. I called back but had to leave a message. My call was never returned. I went down again, this time on a Saturday morning, to get the blood test, and it still wasn't ordered in the system. Maybe Dr. Rinella and her staff are good at something. I have no idea what it is.
Dr. Rinella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Mary Rinella accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary Rinella in this video.
Dr. Mary Rinella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.