Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary D Ruppe
Dr. Mary D Ruppe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ruppe is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. Dr. Ruppe has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary D Ruppe has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary D Ruppe has the following 16 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Cushing Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
Dr. Mary D Ruppe has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Mary D Ruppe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Ruppe is very detailed in helping you understand what is going on with your body. She explains what needs to be done and the outcomes, changes and overall expectation she has of that therapy as well. She is very good at what she does! Our treatment is complex and requires frequent visits, we see her so often, we feel like she is family.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ruppe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Johns Hopkins Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Texas Health Science Center, 6431 Fannin St, Houston, TX
Dr. Mary D Ruppe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.