Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Schmidt
Dr. Mary Schmidt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mc Lean, VA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center, Inova Loudoun Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Schmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Schmidt was attentive during the initial visit and was willing to perform whatever tests necessary to find the cause of the ailment. However, upon the second visit nothing was done to further look into why the problem was persisting. The doctor seemed very judgmental, failing to perform further tests to determine why the ailment was persisting. Dr. Schmidt made inferences in her notes, which were not supported by medical tests. Instead, her treatment plan was based on personal psychological assessment, again not based on medical tests. Overall rating of Dr. Schmidt, although initially positive, was poor. In the end, she failed to follow up and investigate how the problem can be resolve.
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Novant Health UVA Health System Prince William Medical Center
Inova Loudoun Hospital
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
29 Years Experience
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Mary Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSchmidt & Libby Health Advisory Group, 1347 Lancia Dr, Mc Lean, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary Schmidt in this video.
Dr. Mary Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.