Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary S Shapiro has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 28
I had an amazing doctor, who retired a few years ago. I never thought I would get another one even close to her, but Dr. Shapiro has her beat. She asks more questions than anyone I have ever gone to. Answers your emails quickly. Very good at figuring what's wrong with you. All my family and friends now go to her and are just as happy. My brother just went to her, and said he doesn't think he has ever seen a real doctor before.
I love Dr. Shapiro - she is friendly, very smart and doesn't just try to shove medicine down your throat before exploring other options. I happen to be one who hates taking medicine and if I absolutely have to, she'll let me know, but if not she works with me to find alternatives. She is also really responsive and if I email her through the network system, I always get an answer and usually very quickly. She sometimes responds to my messages in the evening (she seems to work long hours!) but will talk to you herself rather than having staff call. I've referred members of my family to her and they all really like her as well! So for an overall picture: she is very, very nice, very, very smart, compassionate, I've found her to be very accurate with her diagnoses (and I have many issues), spends a lot of time with me during visits which explains why sometimes she's a little late (because I assume she spends an equal amount of time with her other patients). I find that it's worth the wait because I know she'll always spend the amount of time needed with me and make sure I'm in tip-top shape! I highly recommend Dr. Shapiro.
Dr. Shapiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Mcgaw Medical Center Of Northwestern University
Dr. Mary S Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore University Healthsystem, 1435 Waukegan Rd, Glenview, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary S Shapiro in this video.
Dr. Mary S Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenview, IL.