Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary R Shoemaker MD
Dr. Mary R Shoemaker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Taunton, MA. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary R Shoemaker has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary R Shoemaker has the following 12 expertise
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Mary R Shoemaker is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary R Shoemaker - Posted on May 30th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Mary R Shoemaker - Posted on July 31st, 2017
Dr. Shoemaker doesn't know what she's prescribing. Stated she didn't have time for my needs. I told her it's because of medical legal paperwork. Starting doing 2 prescriptions 30 days not 90 as they were. So I have to pay 6 copays v s's 2 copays. Nurse calls 3 times in one day for well check then canceled she didn't know I was in there in the morning then called back too early2 well check. I explained why prescribed medication wasn't in urine. I was away 5 days. Then next well,shack she said regarding urine I didn't have any cuisine in urine. My daughter told her that Dr. Shoemaker doesn't have me on cuisine she has me on hydrocodone. She said pain management would better suit my needs and time required. I said I'm disabled rarely drive and was not going to St. Ann's in Fall River. I strongly felt as I told her I don't think she and her nurses are communicating and stated she left me no choice but to seek another primary care doctor.
24 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Stanford Hospitals And Clinics
Dr. Mary R Shoemaker Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOMPASS MEDICAL TAUNTON, 152 Dean St Bldg 3, Taunton, MA
Dr. Mary R Shoemaker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Taunton, MA.