Dr. Mary Staus Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Mary Staus?

As stated previously, no bedside manner, abrupt, will only do one procedure at a time, talks down to you. Desk makes you show insurance every visit. They require lengthy questionnaires about sun exposure history frequently.

Visit #1

The receptionist runs a pretty tight ship. She was actually nicer today, but I was on time and had everything I was supposed to bring. (I gathered that would be the case from when I made my 1st appointment. Staff was not chatty but polite and focused on getting what they needed done. Dr. Staus was very pleasant. She was impressively quick to diagnose and treat. I appreciated her value of my time and of hers. She did take time to answer my questions. So far so good. I go back in to have stitches removed in a few days. I think this is a doctor I can trust and I would reccommend.

The receptionist is very rude! The first appointment was 3 hours long but when I was a few minutes late on my third appointment, I was asked to reschedule, even though I was waiting to be consulted about important test results..... It's very annoying to be asked for insurance cards EVERY visit, even when the last visit was a day ago. .....Another patient was bluntly asked for payment for a balance due when she never received a bill. They admitted that a bill may not have been sent ..... You must make an appt. for every "issue" and cannot even ask about another problem if it is not specified as to the reason you are being seen. .......The doctor was difficult to speak with and did not welcome questions. .... Maybe this is normal, but should you have to sign release forms to grant permission to send your own records to yourself? I just asked for a copy of test results that were discussed, but have to wait for my permission to clear, and for them to be sent in the mail.

Very rude today

Would not listen to me. She was angry with me for not coming in to see her in the last 2 years and told me that I am not a professional and I do not know how to spot a cancerous lesion and that I might as well go to my hairstylist for a skin exam. (I am a hairstylist)She followed by saying "well it's your life, I just give you the information." Direct and rude! While she was removing my mole, I told her I was wanting to get my daughter in to see her and she says very abruptly, "we don't see children." I said," she's 19." She replies, She will have to call herself because of Hippa laws". Fine! I am done with her. She is a good doctor, but I am not signing on to see Dr. House! That was the most uncomfortable visit ever. There is a professional yet polite way to let a patient know they should be getting a yearly visit. She hasn't learned that, and I doubt she cares.

Speedy and rushed.

This woman has no bedside manner. When I ask a question, she ignores it. I have learned to raise everything with the nurse before the Dr enters the exam room. Even then I often don't get an answer. She's gone from the exam room before I can get her attention.As another comment noted, she had me come in for consult and insurance billing and co-pay just to renew a prescription.

Waste of time

I waited two months to see Dr. Staus and when I phoned in I told them I wanted an all over body exam and I had concerns about a lump. After waiting two months to see her, when I was being escorted to the exam room, the nurse stated that I was there for a lump. I said, that I really wanted an all over body check as stated when the appt. was made and yes I was concerned about a lump. She very rudely said, well the body check won't be happening today, all that is down on the paper is the lump and we only address one thing at a time. She left me in the exam room and 20 min. later Dr. Staus rushed in, said, your here about a lump, I once again started to say I wanted an all over body check, she interrupted me and said, well it's not on the paper, we only address one thing at a time. I said, you mean if you can't help me with this lump, we are done folr today and I have to come back for the check. She said yes and then ask to see the lump, I showed it to her, within 2 seconds, she very flatly stated, you need to see a surgeon and then told her nurse to write down the size of the lump. She was in the exam room for less then 2 min. total. As she exited, I told her that she had wasted my time, she never looked back or commented and now I'm wating to see what she charges my insurance company for this 2 min. visit where she did NOTHING!

Appointments were easy to get. Once I found medicine to that worked on my acne, she insisted that I come back every three months until I practically begged to go to six. If I ran out of medicine or product only she sold, she refused to give me any more until I came back in and paid another co-pay for a two minute visit. I even had to schedule an appt. when all my medicine leaked out in my luggage on an airplane. Dr. Staus was always running out the door of the exam room as I was trying to ask questions and then talked to me like I was a child.

Dr. Mary Staus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Canton, OH.