Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary A Tesalona has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Mary A Tesalona has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 44
This is second time, my husband and myself went back, I had a leg amputated, but went to her for stomach problems, she would not give me time of day, I asked her about my stomach, she said that she would give me something for that, and that was the end, So I left room, so hubby could be next, he came out and said she does not want me for patient, to many things wrong with me, So now looking for another dr, whether I smoke or not, she still should of trated me like a human,
She is always rushing ! I feel like I am at a urgent care instead of getting primary care. She needs assistance and associate to help her with patients, because to me she does not have time. Rush... and her building from the outside, looks abandoned and dirty.....Could use a little touch up.....Staff has been pleasant. Doctor needs to hire more help !
I have been a Patient of Dr.T for 15 years and what I love about her is that she always remembers you and if she can't figure out what's wrong with you she will always reccomend a specialist who is excellent and make a referral for you.Old fashioned ,very warm way of treating her patients.
Moved to Florida a little over 2 years ago and got Dr. Tesalona as PCP due to being so close to where we live. Found she has no beside manners and makes you feel like you are just wasting her time. she does not spend more than 5 minutes with you and doesn't ask you about your symptoms. I had blood work done at a local lab for a physical and I never heard back on my blood results, My wife went to see her recently regarding some issues she had due to an accident, and she didn't even want to take a look at her. She is very rude and does not have any beside manners. I (we) will NOT be going back to her EVER again. I would probably get better results from a VETENARIAN. DO NOT GO THERE !
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tesalona is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Mary A Tesalona accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMary Ann Tesalona Md Corp, 32845 Radio Rd Ste 101, Leesburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary A Tesalona in this video.
Dr. Mary A Tesalona is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, FL.