Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mary M Toft has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary M Toft has the following 11 expertise
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Eating Disorders
- Holter monitoring
Dr. Mary M Toft is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I've been seeing Dr. Toft for a couple years now. Not only have I waited 2 hours or more almost every appointment, but she failed to notice a tumor during a visit, amongst other serious issues. . Multiple times now I have tried to call and make an appointment, or simply follow up, and I've waited over a week for the office to call me back. I have waited probably a good 15 hours in the lobby and rooms since I've started seeing dr. Toft, and I've seen her maybe for 1 hour. If you want a doctor that considers your health instead of your money, don't see her.
i have been seeing dr toft for many years and am going on 76. she has always been helpful and supportive. I don't know what's the problem with some of these reviewers; evidently they have never had to see some of the other doctors in town who are cold, make bad decisions, and are actually rude. dr. toft alwys has enough time for me, always explains things; tests, etc., keeps up somehow with everything I need updating/testing on, and makes me feel that SHE ACTUALLY KNOWS WHO I AM AND HOW I FEEL AND WHAT I NEED. I would not trade her for anyone. yes, it seems she always runs at least an hour late from time of appt. to seeing her, but I really believe that it is only because if someone needs more time she gives it to them, and as she states in her exposition she leaves some openings for emergencies. for those patients who complained here, get a life...there are a lot of really bad doctors in town, and she is a blessing. Get real. appreciate.
I have been seeing Dr Toft for 11 years now. These last few years things have changed, it takes for ever to get an appt(before i could call almost any day of the week and be seen that friday)NOW that doesnt happen unless you have had a heart attack the previous week. Seems that ever since the work week was changed things have gone down hill. Im actually thinking about finding a new DR. even though i like her and the staff. But the waiting for over an hr in the exam room is just pushing my limit and then she comes in for a few minutes and thats it. Doc you need to change, if your just going by what the office manager is saying or who ever runs the office THEY are wrong, YES your business is making lots of money but I'AM NOT getting the attention i used to get
Wait times are too long that is even if you can get them to answer the phone so you can make an appt. Service is horrible and has only gotten worse over the years! Staff is condescinding and doctor is always rushed spending little time to really deal with or understand patient concerns. There is NO follow up after visits.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Toft is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Huntington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Mary M Toft accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMary M Toft Md Inc, 44725 10th St W Ste 260, Lancaster, CA
Dr. Mary M Toft is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, CA.