Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary A Verardi
Dr. Mary A Verardi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pontiac, MI. Her specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Verardi is affiliated with Hutzel Womens Hospital, DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center and Doctors Hospital Of Michigan. Dr. Verardi has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary A Verardi has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 5
I too felt that Dr. Verardi was the only dentist I would ever see again after going to her for over 2 years. However, her staff has trouble following simple directions. I asked that my teeth be cleaned then polished(thought this is standard procedure), However on my last visit, again they started to prep me for polishing. Stating that they were behind and it didn't matter what they did first. Even after asking and having the staff make this notation in my file. They again wanted to polish before cleaning. They seem to have scheduling conflicts and don't listen to there paying customers. They also tried to get xtra x-rays when I was only there for a cleaning and they had just taken x-rays 4 months before. The staff stated that the were allowed by the insurance company to take more than one set.. Not sure if this staff is just trying to increase revenue by doing procedures that are not needed.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Verardi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Mary A Verardi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, 44405 Woodward Ave, Pontiac, MI
Dr. Mary A Verardi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pontiac, MI.